Are Nerds Candy Gluten Free? Gluten Free Candy And Snacks (Yes, we are talking about Nerds candy, and not human nerds. Some of us are nerds and quite proud of it!) My fondest memory of Nerds candy is the sugary goodness that is both sweet and a little sour at the same time. It’s good as a treat occasionally! We must answer the question – are they gluten-free or not- for those of us with Celiac disease or gluten allergies or intolerances.
Nerds ARE gluten free – most of the time
Nerds are gluten-free, as are many candies. But why? Wheat is not an ingredient in Nerds. In spite of this warning on the packaging, Nerds may be made on a processing line that also makes confections and food that contain wheat. As a result, if you have Celiac, it is important to be aware of the risk of cross-contamination.
Consequently, Nerds are a movie-time or snack-time treat that many of us CAN enjoy, since the candy contains no gluten ingredients. Be careful if you’re allergic to gluten. Cross contamination may cause you to become celiac. As a result, these candies cannot be verified to be gluten free, and their packaging does not indicate that they are gluten free.
Gluten is not an ingredient in most varieties of Nerds. Nerds candies come in the following varieties:
- Rainbow Nerds candy
- Sweet and sour Nerds Big Chewy candy
- Nerds Gummy Clusters (I chuckled at the name!)
- The nerds eat watermelon and cherries
- Double Dipped Lemonade by Nerds – Apple-Watermelon and Wild Cherry
- Nerds with frosting
- Nerds rope candy – This is a chewy rope candy encrusted with bits of Nerds. Wow! You get everything in a single piece of candy.
There are apparently a lot of Nerds fans out there. Nerds candy travel pillows let you show off your love of Nerds candy. It just couldn’t help but become a part of this blog post. Now that I know there are such pillows available, I will never again be surprised. If a nerd loves to travel, what would make a cool gift?
Sweets and foods that are gluten-free
Around here, we do a lot of research on which of our favorite snacks and candies are gluten-free. Our goal is to answer questions about which foods are gluten free so that you can enjoy your favorites without worry. The following foods have recently been identified as gluten-free:
- What are the gluten-free Kit Kats?
- How gluten-free is Jimmy John’s? Are there gluten-free breads at Jimmy John’s?
- What gluten-free donuts does Krispy Kreme serve?
- How gluten-free are chocolate chips?
- What are the gluten-free options for Jolly Ranchers?
- Can Starbursts be consumed gluten-free?
- Gluten-free Cheerios: Are they available?
- How gluten-free are Twix candy bars?
- What gluten-free options are available for Funyuns snacks?
- What is the gluten content of Twizzlers?
Summary: Can Nerds be Gluten-Free?
The vast majority of Nerds do not contain gluten. Due to the possibility of cross contamination, they aren’t considered safe for those with celiac disease. To find the best gluten-free snacks and foods, we will keep searching! Keep bookmarking us and visiting us often to find out what we discover next.