Have you ever felt like you weren’t growing spiritually anymore? Would you like to discover bible verses that will help you grow?
Do you remember that gut-wrenching moment when you realized you weren’t praying like you used to? You’ve no longer devoted time to your relationship with Jesus through Bible reading or personal meditation, have you?
That’s me too! I’m ashamed of admitting it, but I’m going to do something about it. That’s what you should do, too!
In certain phases of our lives, we become overwhelmed by our responsibilities, bills, work, and even relationships. Since I stopped nurturing my spiritual needs, I’ve recently been through a phase where I haven’t spent time nurturing them.
How about you? Do you suffer from spiritual neglect as well? Think about it, has your spiritual life been affected by the other worldly things that occupy your heart and mind?
You do not need to be ashamed or blamed for anything. Sometimes life can be heavy, and we choose to let go of a few things in order to accomplish other things. Now more than ever, we need to focus on bible verses for spiritual growth to help us through times like these!
Every Sunday morning, my family went to church when I was growing up. I remember my mom waking me up at six in the morning so we could get ready for the 9:00 service.
Since we only have two bathrooms in our home, my older sister and brother would race to the bathroom to shower. Every Sunday, we three looked forward to attending our church’s “Sunday School”.
Children in our Sunday School learned about important Bible stories, sang Christian songs, and participated in fun youth activities that made me even more enthusiastic about going to church.
While attending Sunday School, I developed a strong relationship with God, read the Bible every morning, prayed to Him and sang gospel songs every day.
I was young then, but that was a long time ago!
My relationship with God has largely been left to my younger self as I have grown into adulthood. There is a problem with me not growing spiritually, and it must be resolved! It has become apparent to me that I must do something about it. It would be my pleasure to have you on this journey with me if you are like me.
Top 10 Bible Verses for Growth
The following are ten bible verses that will help you grow. Here are just a few passages from the bible that can help us kickstart our spiritual growth.
Here are a few verses to get you started, but don’t stop there! Spend some quiet time with God after reading these 10 Bible verses for growth and pray for guidance as we take on this journey of rekindling a relationship with God.
- “So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.” Colossians 2:6-7, NIV
- “I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit, for without me ye can do nothing.” John 15:5, KJV
- “So put away all the malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander. Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation – if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good.” 1 Peter 2:1-3, ESV
- “I pray that Christ may live in your hearts by faith. I pray that you will be filled with love. I pray that you will be able to understand how wide and how long and how high and how deep His love is. I pray that you will know the love of Christ. His love goes beyond anything we can understand. I pray that you will be filled with God himself.” Ephesians 3:17-19, NLV
- “So that you may lead lives worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, as you bear fruit in every good work and as you grow in the knowledge of God.” Colossians 1:10. NRSV
- “And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope;” Romans 5:3-4
- “But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be glory both now and forever! Amen.” 2 Peter 3:18, NIV
- “And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and all discernment; so that ye may approve the things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and void of offense unto the day of Christ; being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are through Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.” Philippians 1:9-11, ASV
- “As for the seed that fell among thorns, these are the ones who, when they have heard, go on their way and are choked with worries, riches, and pleasures of life, and produce no mature fruit. But the seed in the good ground- these are the ones who have heard the word with an honest and good heart, hold on to it and by enduring, produce fruit.” Luke 8:14-15, CSB
- “The earth causes plants to grow. And a garden causes the seeds planted there to grow. In the same way the Lord God will make grow what is right. He will make praise come from all the nations.” Isaiah 61:11, ICB
This list of 10 bible verses for growth can help us jump-start a healthy relationship with God again. Spend a few minutes contemplating the meaning of one Bible verse a day for the next few days. Continue diving deeper into His Word by starting up a bible journaling habit.
If you struggle to set a schedule for starting your spiritual growth journey, the best thing you can do is spend a few minutes in a quiet place reading your Bible and praying. You can just speak to God like He is there beside you if you don’t know how to start with it.
The following bible verses may also be of interest to you if you are in doubt.
For spiritual growth, here are some other books and movies to consider
|War Room||View on Amazon|
|Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life||View on Amazon|
|Spiritual Discovery: 7 Principles for Spiritual Growth, Second Edition||View on Amazon|
|The Developing Christian: Spiritual Growth through the Life Cycle||View on Amazon|